I got up early this morning, long before it was time to let the chickens out. I stood out by the back door, it was freezing though so not long!
I was looking out into the dark garden when I heard something – a fox cry! It went on for a while and though it was quite far off I could follow the sound travelling down the hill.
Needless to say I didn’t let the girls out until the sun was completely up and the fox had stopped crying!
That just confirms that there are foxes nearby, and while I adore foxes and would love to see one in real life I really do not want to see one in my garden when my girls are in it!
Today has been a sewing day. I have nearly finished the driver’s side seat cover. It’s in situ now, all I need to do is replace some of the padding in the seat, tape it up and secure the bottom panels somehow – I’m thinking gluegun…
I used some of the brown cord for the tree branch applique then used this pattern (minus leaves) to crochet the blossoms.
For the back and sides I used a faux suede fabric that was given to me by a friend. When I first made the top of the seat it didn’t quite fit so I cut and seamed a triangle out the back, sewed tiny buttonholes with my machine and used shoelaces for a ‘corset’ effect!
It’s still not a perfect fit but it doesn’t move and looks so much better than it did before (these seats are nearly 40 years old!)
I’m really chuffed with it!!! The crochet blossoms don’t dig in to my back as they’re tiny and fairly flat. There’s still quite a bit to be done cosmetically but just seeing that new seat cover makes me all the more eager to do the rest.